LittleGiant CrashPad Camping Trailer
This complete trailer and camper system includes the LittleGiant Trailer and the CrashPad Upfit for an enclosed cargo, utility, and quick setup camper on-the-go. Enjoy the performance-driven construction and pick up bed functionality of the LittleGiant Trailer with a hard shell cover that fully encloses and protects your gear. With the CrashPad, you're never in a jam wherever you find yourself when night falls; simply pop the lid up and jump in bed!
The CrashPad’s solid walled tonneau cover construction provides enhanced weather protection and a cooler interior in the summer sun. The CrashPad tent attaches to the inside of the tonneau cover and opens into a tent camper almost instantly. An integrated awning offer sun shade and weather protection, and closes over the rear door when away from the campsite. The interior decking creates two levels of space inside the trailer, allowing comfortable sleeping on deck for two with gear stored below.
The CrashPad is loaded with end gate extras for comfortable living, including rear end gate hinges and cables, and a custom upholstered seating pad for an indispensable tailgate platform for seating, gear, and stepping into camper. The trailer end gate may also reposition as a side table with a set of table cables included for securing over fenders along trailer C-channel, rendering 54in by 24in of surface for cooking and recreation gear.
· LittleGiant Crash Pad Camper Includes: LittleGiant Trailer, HexCap™ Hard Shell Tonneau Cover, CrashPad Tent, Decking, End Gate Table Cable Kit, End Gate Fold Down Tailgate Cable Kit, End Gate Upholstered Foam Pad
· Camper Dimensions: 75”L x 54”W x 50”-80"H (camper bed sloped interior setup); 75"L x 54"W x 26"-48"H (camper deck to ceiling sloped interior setup); 121”L x 74”W x 60”H (overall enclosed trailer)
· Closed Lid Trailer Bed Dimensions: 86” L x 54” W x 42”H solid-walled trailer bed interior with 18 inch domed HexCap hard shell tonneau cover of added capacity carries all forms of cargo, from light-duty industrial equipment, construction material and personal travel and lifestyle gear.
· Weights: 480 lbs (LittleGiant Trailer), 110 lbs (CrashPad Camping System)
· Payload capacity: 1,500 lbs; G.V.W.R: 2,090 lbs
· Fast Setup: CrashPad sets up in minutes with no tools required! Simply attach the tent to the raised tonneau cover perimeter and end gate opening with heavy-duty velcro, insert four awning poles, and insert the modular interior decking platform. The CrashPad system can also be preset while traveling, making final setup on-the-road a snap!
· HexCap Hard Shell Tonneau Cover: HexCap is ultra-lite and durable, made of heavy weight extruded polypropylene composite 0.50” thick cellular sheet for lightweight rigidity and a durable twenty-year UV rating. Weatherproof, opaque, and lockable (locks not included), HexCap is easy to operate and protects contents during travel, while parked, and when stored. The domed interior adds cargo storage capacity and headroom for sleep and living space. The 55 pound cover measures 86”L x 56”W x 18”H, and is removable for vertical storage in a 56” x 18” floor footprint. HexCap’s attachment hardware includes a set of stainless steel front lift off leaf hinges, automotive locking gas spring lifts for supporting and locking the raised cover fully extended into position for CrashPad camping, and adjustable lockable rear draw latches for ultimate security.
· Modular Tent Design: Compact wedge design with two side zippered windows and a large entry door panel with screened window for great ventilation, with an overhead awning for shade or rain shelter.
· Waterproof, Weatherproof & Tough: CrashPad’s tent fabric is made with UV treated heavyweight 185 denier polyester cordura fabric. A polyurethane coating gives the fabric a 2,000mm PU waterproof rating, keeping you high and dry in the CrashPad. And, the HexCap cellular plastic has a R4 insulating factor to keep the interior cool in the heat and warm in the cold.
· Interior Deck Platform: The modular deck platform provides two levels of functional load carrying and sleeping capacity to the interior of the trailer. The basement storage measures 86”L x 54”W x 21”H. The upper level measures 75”L x 54”W x 24”H with the HexCap tonneau cover closed, and 48” of height above the deck with the tonneau cover open. Support for the CrashPad deck is provided by five evenly spaced steel beams that clip into the trailer sidewall c-channel and are held in place on the bottom surface of the deck with a hook and loop attachment. Rated for 400 lbs.
· Compact Storage: The CrashPad tent and poles store compactly in a small carry bag weighing 10 pounds, while the interior decking tri-folds into a 75” x 18” x 2” flat panel for easy storing in or outside of the trailer. This compactness ensures plenty of interior room for bikes, luggage, camping and travel gear on the road.
· Rear End Gate Extras: The CrashPad package upgrades the rear end gate to a comfortable bench seat by adding a set of hinges, support cables, and custom upholstered foam pad insert. A second set of end gate cables offers the added option of using the end gate as a side table supported above the fender.
· All-galvanized steel construction with black powder coat finished sheet metal body for lifelong durability, 14ga. x 2” frame tubes, and 18ga. floor, sidewall, end gate sheet metal
· Integrated C-Channel track on sidewalls for cargo management and modular attachments (84” x 1.625” x 13/16”)
· Removable front and rear end gates
· Torsion axle with grease zert bearing lubrication for independent, quiet, rubber dampened suspension, structural body strength, and low maintenance
· 13 inch silver rim, 24in diameter tires (ST175-80D-13 load range B); 5 x 4.5 bolt hole pattern
· Jeep style steel Fenders with black powder coat finish
· A-Frame drawbar for strength and load stability with 2” coupler, 30 lbs tongue weight
· LED 4” red square stop, turn, taillights with license plate illumination EPDM shielded wire harness with 4-flat electrical plug
· Trailer marine swivel jack, height adjustable with 5” castor wheel, 1000 lbs rated
· Swing down stabilizer leveler jacks for mobility and stability both on and off the hitch (12”-18” extended, 650 lbs capacity per jack)
· 15 inch ground clearance for 15 inch recommended ball height (tow ball not included)
· Rated for Class I towing or higher
View and download the Manual
Ships unassembled, palleted via.
Shipping times are not guaranteed. If you would like expedited shipping please call our office at (719) 630-3800 for availability and a custom quote. See Shipping Policies for details about shipping and receiving.
Lightweight for any vehicle.
590 lbs. empty weight and Class I+ Towing means take the LittleGiant CrashPad on-road or off-road to your next adventure with any vehicle, big or small.
Made with 18 ga. galvanized steel paneling and a Made-in-USA torsion axle for performance on and off road.
Compare Camping Tents
Current selection is highlighted.
Fairly easy to put together. I was missing a couple washers and a nut but I made it work. The instructions are decent but if you buy the trailer and crash pad there are some parts that have to be removed and reinstalled multiple times. We had to cut the platform to fit around the platform supports. My only complaint is that they don’t offer other hub options. I have a Tacoma and was hoping to match the wheels from my truck to my trailer but there aren’t any wheel spacer/conversion options to fit. There may be some hubs that would work but I haven’t looked much into it. Overall it’s a great set up and I look forward to using it more!